This drawing depicts plans to recognise the newly named Exactech Arena at the Stephen C O’Connell Center, a sports and entertainment complex at the University of Florida in Gainesville, USA. The remodelled facility is scheduled to re-open in December 2016.
Exactech is to expand its long-standing partnership with the University of Florida (Gainesville, USA), with the naming of the Exactech Arena at the newly remodelled Stephen C O’Connell Center—a sports and entertainment complex on the university’s campus.
The sponsorship gives Exactech presence at the venue, use of the university’s facilities and television coverage, and commercial spots on Fox Sports Sun and Fox Sports Florida during arena events. Exactech plans to channel the visibility toward health-related education.
The naming reflects a relationship between two Gainesville-based organisations with shared goals of education, innovation and health care.
Through a 10-year agreement, Exactech will pay a total of US$5.9 million, with an option to extend for an additional five years. According toa press release, the sponsorship was instrumental in helping the university complete the ambitious US$64.5 million renovation of the facility that is
scheduled to re-open in December 2016.
According to University of Florida president Kent Fuchs, “We are so excited about Exactech’s support of this transformation project. It will enhance the experience of students, patrons and fans at a wide range of campus and community events. This iconic building is so central to campus life and activity. Now we’re partnering with a company that is meaningful to both Gainesville and the University of Florida community.”
Collaborations between Exactech and the University of Florida include:
- University of Florida surgeons and faculty partner with Exactech to develop the latest advancements in total joint replacement surgery and to conduct clinical research.
- Orthopaedic surgeons from around the world observe University of Florida surgeons and gain hands-on experience with Exactech products in the university’s surgical skills labs.
- Exactech sponsors seminars for the university’s College of Medicine orthopaedic surgery residents and fellows.
- The Gary Miller Biomechanics Laboratory, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
- The Bill Petty Endowment in Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, College of Medicine.
- Exactech internships, tours, course support and class projects for University of Florida students.
- Exactech offers tuition reimbursement to help its employees earn degrees from University of Florida.
- A substantial number of Exactech’s Gainesville-based employees are also University of Florida graduates.