Safe Orthopaedics has appointed a Scientific Advisory Board (SAB), made up of four European back surgeons.
The main tasks of the SAB will be to:
– Identify and assess trends in back surgery, particularly minimally invasive, percutaneous, fast-track and ambulatory techniques;
– Define the Safe Orthopaedics strategic technical plan and study program.
“Each member of the committee has internationally acknowledged spinal know-how, and their skills complement each other well. Their vision and expertise will help us define our future programmes,” added Thomas Droulout, chief technical officer and co-founder of Safe Orthopaedics. “It is vital to take into account the specific features of various countries when devising development plans suited to current trends. By working with internationally renowned experts, Safe Orthopaedics is also ensuring the relevance of its clinical trials in the next three years.”
The SAB will be meet several times each year, and its members are:
– Jörg Franke, orthopaedic surgeon at Klinikum Magdeburg in Germany;
– Antonio Faundez, orthopaedic surgeon at La Tour hospital in Geneva-Meyrin, Switzerland;
– Steven Van Gaalen, orthopaedic surgeon at Diakonessenhuis hospital in Utrecht, the Netherlands;
– Jean-Charles Le Huec, orthopaedic surgeon and head of the orthopaedics-spinal trauma unit at Bordeaux university hospital in France.