Mazor Robotics has announced that it received purchase orders for 25 systems during the third financial quarter of 2016, including pre-launch orders for the recently unveiled Mazor X, a transformative guidance platform for spinal surgeries. The Mazor X will be commercially launched at the North American Spine Society (NASS) annual meeting in Boston, USAOctober 26-29.
The 25 system purchase orders during the quarter included:
- Three Mazor X pre-orders that the company expects to deliver to US customers by the end of the first quarter of 2017.
- Four Renaissance systems ordered by US customers were delivered during the third quarter of 2016.
- Three Renaissance systems ordered by distribution partners in the international market.
- 15 Mazor X systems ordered by strategic partner Medtronic, four of which were delivered in the third quarter of 2016.
- A previously ordered Renaissance system delivered to a distribution partner in the international market.
As previously reported, the company recently implemented a policy enabling new Renaissance system customers to exchange to the Mazor X following the launch. Therefore, revenue from system sales with exchange option will be deferred until the Mazor X orders are supplied or the exchange option expires. The company expects total third quarter revenue, including system sales and recurring revenues, to be approximately US$7.5 million.
Mazor Robotics ended the third quarter of 2016 with an installed base of 131 Renaissance systems globally, including 79 in the US.